Saturday, May 2, 2009

Insert Title Here.....




Today I feel in love with http://www.paperbackswap.com/. I had been a member of the site since 2007 but couldn't stand to part with any of my much loved books. But then I thought about it. I have so many books. And when it comes down to it, will I really read the ones that have been sitting on the shelf for almost a year without me so much as touching them? No, I probably won't. I bought them because I seemed to want them at the time and my local Goodwill sells paperback at the low price of 79 cents.




So I begin gathering books. And I kept gathering. Soon I had a pile. Then another. Then another. 45 books later I was ready to begin listing them on paperbackswap. It's an easy concept really. Just for listing my first ten books I received two free credits. Every time someone chooses one of my books I print off a shipping label from the site then mail the book to whomever chose it. When they receive the book I get one credit. What do I do with those credits? Well, I choose more books. Hopefully books that I will read this time!




All I pay is shipping when someone chooses one of my selections. When I choose a book using a credit the person who listed the book pays shipping to ship the book to me. I like it. I love it. I'll be using some more of it. Why did I procrastinate? It's what I do.




Now don't worry. I still have many, many, many books left. There are more books than I care to admit that I could never part with.




In other news......I am so frustrated with with the poor earring selection around these parts. Several times I have wanted to purchase new earrings and could find nothing. So I have decided to make my own. I'm not crafty. Not even close. I will update you with the progress soon.




Tomorrow I am setting my family up to go green. They don't know it yet but those hillbillies are going to start recycling. I expect some resistence. You know, it's hard to think about the enviroment when engaging in fun filled family drama and cooking everything in fat takes up so much of your time it is. The amount of waste they produce is shaming. Perhaps one week of recycling will call for a compost pile next. We shall see.








1 comment:

Emily said...

Look at you blogging again!